That’s right, another Finished Object!
Pattern: I made it up. I’ll tell you more.
Yarn: Peaches N Creme, leftovers from other dishcloths, less than a fourth of a ball
Needles: US 5 bamboo dpns
So, I’ve got two nice bars of soap that I can’t buy more of until I get a job. This soap lasts maybe a week in the shower on the soap shelf, and I didn’t want to waste it. So I borrowed the stitch pattern from here, modified to knit in the round, borrowed construction hints from here (clearly the scrubby, not the baby booties), and knit it. The base rectangle is 14 stitches and 4 rows, so that you have 14 stitches for the lace sections (on both sides) and 4 stitches for the stockinette panels. Then all in stockinette for a bit, a K2Tog YO row, more stockinette, and a normal BO. The drawstring is just a crochet chain.
Of course, I haven’t actually gotten to use it in the shower yet. My bodywash it at that point where there’s hardly any left, but there still seems to be enough in there every day for at least that one day.