I finished some socks!
Pattern: Blackrose Socks (Rav)
Yarn: Yarn Pirate Merino/Tencel in Dogwood (aka, the cursed yarn)
Needles: US 0 (2.00mm) Bamboo DPNs
Started: There’s a long story, but sometime in July I started this particular pattern
Finished: August 19th, 2009
Mods: Well, I only printed out the page with the CO numbers and the lace chart, so I just winged the rest of the pattern. I did a short row heel (gasp! Don’t die of shock on me here!) and a wedge toe.
I was going crazy with this yarn. I first started a Monkey at the end of April (doctor’s visits pre-gallbladder surgery), but it was doing that spirally thing that I personally don’t like in Monkeys. So I ripped and started a 60st stockinette sock, but stockinette wasn’t really what I was wanting to do at that time. So I ripped again and started the Mad Color Weave pattern (during my trip to Chicagoland in May.)
That one looked great. It just didn’t fit. So I ripped again.
I was so pissed with myself and this yarn that I found the first pattern that I vaguely wanted to knit and cast on. And so it did that swirly thing, but since most of this pattern is stockinette it’s OK, and then there’s a little biasing with the lace. The lace isn’t terribly visible, but that’s OK too, because I managed to arse it up in one spot, and I just didn’t care to rip back to fix it.
(Oh yeah, I took a totally screwed up color picture of the short row heel, and since I took it you get to see it.)
But the yarn story doesn’t end here. Since i have small feet and I knit shorter cuffs, I had mucho yardage left over. So I knit some booties.
I think you can figure which pattern these are. (If you really don’t know, just ask and I’ll answer.)
And I still have yards and yards left. So Pidge is getting some socks, but you don’t get pictures of those yet.